Friday, April 15, 2016

Solo Dave: Quail Hunting "Mano-a-Mano"

Quail Hunting - Season Wrap-Up


Quail hunting in South Texas this season was outstanding! We had perfect conditions. It all evolved around rain. Rain over the last year and a half provided some nice, dense cover or overgrowth for these small birds that live basically on the ground to find shelter from predators. 


That rain also provided a large population of insects which are predominately what quail eat. Rain triggered it all. South Texas was dry for several years until the last year and a half; we have been blessed with more rain than we've seen in a long time. Everything was green all through the winter last year. It was odd during deer season to sit in a deer blind or stalk through the woods and feel like it was a spring day. Everything was green. The Mesquite leaves were still on the trees even with a temperature of 37° at the end of January. Quail season was on fire in 2016.






13 comments:

  1. Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.http://elitehuntsman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I found it very useful. Love the final result. Thanks for the inspiration and the tips.http://huntingpleasures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already heard about quail hunting before but till now, I haven't any chance to do it yet. Thank you for taking a note about your wonderful hunting experience. I will share your post on my magazine: shootingmystery.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowledge is Power! Thank you very much for your valuable knowledge about hunting in this blog. I've learned that we start hunting bird when the rain season comes. Billy Dream

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your helpful information you brought to me about quail hunting. As a hunter I think weather is very important for hunting and people should care about it. I will follow and read your blog regularly. Thanks again!
    MusketHunting

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your article helps me understand a lot of information more about hunting. Now I can easily complete my article. Good luck !
    Rainy Camping

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I log on to your new stuff on a regular basis. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep it up!
    Alfred

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pictures and stories. I love Quail Hunting too. More information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good information, i love to follow this post, thanks
    See here my article

    ReplyDelete